Saturday, March 31, 2012

Youthful Passion

OK, admit it. You are hooked on your Blackberry or iPhone. You cant go anywhere without it and stop right off the escalator to send a text. (This is a bit pet peeve of mine). Do you rush home and turn the TV on, the computer on and still text?

I used to be so hooked to the technologies in my life that I found it hard to stay motivated to achieve a goal. It was much more fun to stay connected to friends, their lives and have "The Flintstones" playing in the background.

Yet when we were younger and had a goal in mind, literally nothing could stop us. If I wanted to have a specific role in a play, I would get the script early and become the character before the audition. No TV, cell phones did not exist yet (am I dating myself?) and I was driven with passion.

Now I live in a place with no TV, my cell can't be used during the day due to the nature of my job, and I find myself preferring a good book to the computer. Friends are my fun distraction and I can stay focused on my goals.

Don't let your temptation for "bright shiny toys" take over your life and keep you from your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment