Monday, December 12, 2011

Are you expecting a holiday?

It is Christmas time. At least that is what the chilly weather and the calendar say. It does come around once a year so we should be expecting it. This is a time to purchase presents and spend time with loved ones.

I was following the tradition of present purchasing today. I went into Filene's which is going out of business so all is marked way down. With a store that is trying to relieve itself of inventory, with a major shopping holiday here, one would think they would be prepared. I was surprised to see a massive line to purchase my gifts. As I rounded the bend, after 20 minutes standing in a long line, I saw that there was only one cashier for the horde of people. I had to absolutely stand there and chuckle. It certainly made the time go by faster and I watched this cashier who obviously did not care how long the line was. She looked bored, not frazzled.

After my purchasing was done, I went to the next level and saw a massive line with again, one cashier. I'm not too sure of the logic behind this, but Hey, it's Christmas! We all need to laugh like we have a bowl full of jelly in our tummies! (Or lots of fun holiday treats!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment