Monday, November 28, 2011

Jump the Roadblocks

Thanksgiving was such a delight. At least what I remember of it. I seemed to have spent the majority of the four days I had off sleeping. I had been keeping way too hectic of a pace. Thanksgiving gave me the chance to catch my breath and realize that I can back off the frenetic pace New York prompts.

Jumping roadblocks was the norm shortly before the holiday and I learned many life lessons. One day I slept through 3 alarms, heard announcements as I was dashing to my train that it was not running. I ran 5 blocks to the next station for a different train to find them high power water washing my entrance. I got lost trying to find another way in. I finally made a train to find that it was moving in slow speed due to construction, then was not going to go to my stop. I had to get off on a different side of the city, catch 3 more trains to arrive at my destination only a few minutes late. All of this to go to the gym before work!

I did not give up, regardless of all the blocks. I hurdled them, sidestepped them and at no time thought of them as a total hindrance. It became a game. An adventure, to see if I could actually make it.

So, rather than dwelling on the negative, I looked to the positive and found myself smiling and laughing as I made it to the gym.

Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment