Saturday, January 21, 2012

Snow Can Be Fun

It is January for sure although it seemed to take quite awhile before it felt like it. We have been enjoying almost springlike weather on the east coast. But, when the weather changed it did it with a vengeance to make up for lost time.

We got a few inches of snow last night and into today, topped with freezing rain, then frigid air. Now that I live in a house, snow shoveling comes with it. I went to the gym first, then home to the task at hand.

There is a large amount of area that has to be shoveled and could be daunting. Many would complain, grouse and make this a chore.

I started thinking about it as added exercise, then, when I saw it was going to take longer than planned, I started making up shoveling games and singing songs. Before I knew it, I was done, and it looked great.

Next time you get hit with a chore that might not be fun, decide what you can do to make it a game!

No comments:

Post a Comment