Saturday, February 11, 2012

I was doing some winter cleaning. Actually I was looking for all the papers I need for taxes but as that is not a favorite thing to do, I found myself going through so many other things. I came across quite a few photos I have taken over my years of travel and began a progression down memory lane.

There were picture of snowy mountains, ranches, canyons, New England fall splendors, Hawaii and so many more. But it was Hawaii that really got me thinking. Most likely because it is winter. Beaches, sun, relaxation and unique foods.

Yearnings for cruises filtered into my head or travel to other warm places like Crete! Imagine sitting at your open air table at lunch with the soft sea breezes wafting across your table. The birds are chirping the air is fresh. My stomach is growling with the aromas of a true Mediterranian meal coming my way. Pure olive oil is on the table to dip bread into or to ever so slightly drizzle over the salad of spinach with radishes and walnuts. Soon a main meal of lime-marinated chicken with salsa, sugar snap peas and a roasted sweet potato appear before me and I treasure each bite. Dessert is a dark chocolate mousse in a small amount, just enough to satisfy the sweet craving. MMMMMM

OK, now I need to go fix dinner. I made myself hungry!

But such a healthy dinner I had in the Crete of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment