Sunday, February 19, 2012

Balmy Breezes

It must be spring! The temperatures in the east are warm, the sun is shining and this morning I heard my first mourning doves of the season. We have had a mild winter compared to last so it is no wonder I have travel on the brain.

Last blog I wrote about meals in the Mediterranian and one of the staples is garlic. I use it in most main meals so I did a bit more reading on it. Obviously you want to peel off the skin, then chop or mince it before using.

Here's the most important thing to remember. Always let the chopped or minced garlic sit 5-10 minutes before cooking, then cook no more than 15 minutes to maintain the healthy compounds that help fight disease and cancer that are released upon chopping.

I'm off to chop garlic for my soup tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment